Job Title: Technical Architect and Developer
Day Rate: Up to £1000 per day
Location: Whilst mainly working remotely, the Catalogue, Taxonomy and Data team is based at The National Archives, Bessant Drive, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU
Expected Contract Length: 5 to 8 months
Latest Start Date: Monday 4 January 2021
Organisation the work is for: The National Archives
Security Clearance: Baseline security clearance will be required.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to understand business needs and priorities and apply them to project planning
- Excellent communication skills, translating technical relating to software engineering, delivery management and service management so that they are understood by all.
- Strategic overview of standards and technology, with the capacity of turning business problems into technical design.
- Have experience with using standards based ontologies/vocabularies, such as W3C PROV data model, Dublin Core and W3C ODRL
- Have experience of working with RDF databases and SPARQL, for example AWS Neptune
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Have experience, knowledge and understanding of create resilient and secure systems using IAM in a cloud context.
- Have experience developing a user interface/front end to support non-expert, editorial engagement with RDF
- Understanding of informational architecture in an archival context
Note: Must have all the skills mentioned above
Closing date: Monday 9 November 2020